Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Review

Okay I finished watching episode 2 yesterday and now I`m going to do my review~

The previous Fullmetal Alchemist series was already so kickass and went through the whole story already. It turns out however, that this is more of a reboot/rewrite. Halfway through the first episode is boring and I wish it would end sooner because WHERE DID THE ELRIC BROTHERS I KNOW GO?!I`m getting irritated when the helpless Brothers fought the Ice Alchemist. I want the Old Elric Brothers!!Hmm..I`m not going to talk much of the story because maybe some of the readers haven`t start the anime yet.

Can you guys spot the differences of the characters/art in the anime and the previous series? They were probably trying to make it look more like the art from the manga.

Ok now lets compare them:





Besides the aspect ratio difference, you can see that the previous series had their heads longer, with rounder eyes. Not to mention a smaller ahoge for Edward, that probably fits in with the dark mood that the previous series had.

Edward hair is 100% different from the previous anime(Just the hair color ;p)

Ed(Previous series)


Ed(Brotherhood)
Photobucket

There`s more differences to be listed here; Roy Mustang`s face, Major Armstrong`s, Winry...And some of the characters look a bit fat to me.

FMA Brotherhood:

Story: 8/10
The story is much better than the previous series. I love the way they explain the Brothers` past, its much more detail & not very confusing like its predecessor.

Characters: 6/10
I don`t really like the characters in this new series, like I said some of them look a bit fat.

Music: 8/10
Oh yeah!Love the opening theme(Again by Yui) and the Ending theme(Uso by SID).

0 Points of View:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Top